Sunday 3 February 2013

A Truck with Character

I had a blast today!
My boyfriend's sister bought a house and so we had to move her stuff today.
I was ready to help. Since there was a lot of cleaning to do (and as you know from a previous blogpost, I don't like cleaning jobs), I volunteered to load the truck together with my boyfriend and his dad. 
"Sounds fun...", I hear you say. Well, it was, because the truck we had to load was their uncle's and it's like a hundred years old. I waited around the house while the boys picked up the truck. After a while, I heard a weird noise, so I went outside to check it out. There was the truck, going in reverse on the driveway.
So after we loaded the truck we began our 20km trip. I have to say, I almost peed my pants from laughing again (maybe I should get my bladder checked out?)!
My father-in-law turned the key of this, uuuhm, let's say "truck with character"... After growling a few times, he finally started. A black fog of exhaust fumes surrounded us. "Ok, first gear", this went quite alright. Second gear, not quite so. The truck began to shake and murmur, like you wouldn't believe! More gas = more shaking, so my father-in-law went mental on the gear stick! I think this was about the time that one drop of urine slipped out, together with some tears... After a few tries, he got the right gear and off we went... 10 km/h, 20 km/h, ... 45km/h! Wow, what race truck! Every time he shifted to another gear, the truck started rattling and shaking and I started to laugh. It was a fun ride and on a straight lane, his top speed was 70km/h!
What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment