Sunday 15 September 2013

Wedfest

The wedding we went to yesterday, theme: Festival.
I was a little skeptic at first, because I didn't know what to expect but it totally worked! It was the best wedding ever!
The invitation we got was a line-up poster (with my name spelled wrong, but that's no biggie). I was quite curious about the whole theme, because it was going to be outside in a big tent. 

We first went to city hall at 11.45h for the actual marriage. 
The happy couple arrived with a bus from De Lijn (our Flemish public transportation), together with the whole family. When I saw the bride coming out of the bus, I had a little teardrop I needed to whipe off my face. She looked beautiful! More beautiful than I already expected her to be. She was perfect!
The ceremony was just like it had to be. The room was full of friends and family who love them very much and everyone was moved by their speeches and when they said I DO. 
We got a drink after the ceremony at city hall. 

At 5.30h we were welcomed at the tent for the party and the food. When we came in, we got a wrist band to enter the party with their names on in black & gold. So cool!
I was really looking forward to what the food would be, since it was a festival theme. There were three foodbooths: Italian with pasta and pizza, fries and hamburgers. There were enough benches and tables to sit and eat. 

The first dance was set by Emzjés. The bride zipped out her wedding dress and had a red strapless dress underneath. They started to dance salsa, I think. I wish I had filmed it instead of taking pictures, because it was MINDBLOWING! They obviously had been taking dance classes to get this right, without anyone knowing. Everyone was completely stunned by this performance. They flipped over each others back and everything! I have no words for this, except: "chapeau"!
After the first dance, the Emzjés did the rest of their set that lasted for more than two hours, I think. They brought some gypsy dancers too. The brides grandfather was in really good shape, because he started to dance with the gypsy girls and everyone followed them to the dancefloor. 
After the Emzjés a DJ did his set. Not always my style of music, but fun to dance at. 
I normally don't dance without drinking, but yesterday I let myself go (not all the way, I still need a drink for that). I had real fun with some of our best friends. 

I think everyone will agree with me that this wedding was totally in style of the bride and groom (party animals) and that this 'Wedfest' was the best wedding EVER!
My boyfriend just woke up and has a major hangover. I'll have to leave you to go and tease him! 
See you tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment